INYATSI Swazi Frontier
Entries are now open for the next INYATSI Swazi Frontier MTB stage race, which will take place in rural and remote northern Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) on 10th-12th October 2019. It is a boutique event with a limited field of 80 teams.
‘Brutal climbs for the mountain goats, blistering descents for the technical gurus, breath-taking scenery and sparkling streams for us lesser mortals’. This is a taste of INYATSI Swazi Frontier, renowned as the event ‘tailored for the purist’.
This is your opportunity to join us for a mountain biking adventure with a unique Swazi flavour.
Three days in the saddle will guarantee that you arrive at the overall finish on Saturday 12th October 2019 with a mighty thirst. Your entry fee includes a delicious buffet lunch served on the deck overlooking the dam as well as prize-giving supper at 18h00. Prize-giving will be after supper and followed by the after-party which is always a blast!
Saturday night’s race village accommodation (including full breakfast on Sunday) is not included in your entry fee. There is limited capacity and it is very popular so do not miss out on this opportunity to relax on Saturday night to end off an awesome few days in the Kingdom.
Men’s, women’s or mixed pairs with sub-categories for Mkhulus (average team age 50+) and Buffalos (total team weight 180kg+).
Teams follow our GPS track along our unmarked route.
• Standard team entry fee - R15 700 (incl. 15% VAT) ie R7 850 per rider
• Upgraded team entry fee (incl. chalet on Wed 9th) - R16 900 (incl. 15% VAT) ie R8 450 per rider
*10% discount on groups of 5 or more teams.
Entry fee includes:
• 3 days of exhilarating mountain biking
• 3 nights’ accommodation – see above (Wed 9th – Fri 11th)
• afternoon snacks and supper at registration on Wed 9th
• breakfast, lunch and supper (including prize-giving supper) on Thurs, Fri and Sat
• vehicle shuttle on registration day from finish venue to registration
• nature reserve entry fees
• bike wash service
• medical service
• official race clothing
• photographs and video highlights.
Wednesday 9th - upgrade your entry to book one of a limited number of chalets, alternatively, standard entries include backpacker stables or tents allocated at random
Thursday 10th - a mix of lodge rooms, village houses and hostel rooms (all entries) - no tents
Friday 11th - luxurious en suite hotel rooms (all entries) - no tents
• Chalets - (R650 per person) - there are only 33 en suite chalets, each with 2 single beds
• Conference centre dormitory - (*R300 per person) – spots for 80 riders.
• Tents (*R350 per person) – spacious tents sleeping 2 each – spots for 60 riders.
*Dorms and tents include mattresses and use smart Conference Centre bathrooms (showers, toilets, basins, mirrors, electrical sockets). You provide your own sleeping bag and pillow which can be left in your car during the race.
Optional: book race village accommodation for Saturday 12th October 2019.
Supporters’ Packages will be available and bookings will open to entered teams in February.